November 8 - November 10, 2023
7:00am - 3:00pm daily
Free for all Napa County Farmworkers; Zoom option available
The Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation's Cultivar will be held November 8-10.
This comprehensive 3-day program is dedicated to leadership and communication skills, education on viticultural best practices, and safety in the workplace.
Spanish language seminars will be presented by industry experts from UC Davis, Napa County RCD, Pan American Insurance, AgSafe, Nicola Health and Safety, Napa County Ag Commissioner’s Office, and more. In addition, this year’s event offers special workshops on financial literacy to support our community with the tools they need to succeed.
Cultivcar (formarly, The Leadership & Management program) maintains a long-standing reputation for excellence and has been hosted by the Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation for over a decade; it is free to attend for all Napa County vineyard workers. The impactful, relevant curriculum directly supports Napa County vineyard workers in furthering their education.
- Multigenerational Communication-Fostering a Culture of Respect, instructed by Erika Velazquez and Alfredo Jauregui, Pan American Insurance, for successful leaders and team members.
- Viticultural education on Healthy Soils-Best Practices & Why We Do Them given by Miguel Garcia, Napa County Resource Conservation District.
- A California Highway Patrol presentation on Road Security & Safety, hosted by Officer Custodio Lopez.
- Water Management in the Vineyard, presented by Cecilia Aguero of UC Davis, builds on presentation from 2021
- Napa County Ag’ Commissioners Office training on the Top 10 OSHA Violations.
- Personal Budgeting for the Year Ahead workshop with Wells Fargo and includes a complimentary conversion calculator for all attendees.
Health & Safety
As COVID-19 continues, the Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation will continue to manage our in-person events with the health, safety, and well-being of our attendees, staff, sponsors, and speakers in mind. If you are feeling unwell or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. Administering an at-home rapid test before gathering in a large group is recommended, but not required, as is wearing a mask. The FWF staff will have rapid tests, masks, and hand sanitizer on-site for all attendees as needed.