Complimentary for all Napa County Farmworkers thanks to our generous donors and sponsors.
The Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation's Cultivar will be held November 8-10, 2023
This comprehensive 3-day program is dedicated to leadership and communication skills, education on viticultural best practices, and safety in the workplace.
Spanish language seminars will be presented by industry experts from UC Davis, Pan American Insurance, AgSafe, Jess Gomez, Nicola Health and Safety, Napa County Ag Commissioner’s Office, and more. In addition, this year’s event offers special workshops on financial literacy to support our community with the tools they need to succeed.
Cultivar (formerly, The Leadership & Management program) maintains a long-standing reputation for excellence and has been hosted by the Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation for over a decade; it is free to attend for all Napa County vineyard workers. The impactful, relevant curriculum directly supports Napa County vineyard workers in furthering their education.
2023 Program Highlights:
- 2023 Program Highlights:Hear from industry experts on Fruit Quality Challenges from Virus Infected Vines and a discussion of various strategies.
- Identify your Leadership Strengths with Angelina Ceja of AgSafe.
- Learn why Coaching is the Way with Jess Gomez.
- Take part in a Problem-solving Techniques Workshop that guides supervisors through a series of situational decisions, like gathering information about an issue, determining what resources might be needed, and creating a cost-benefit analysis; followed by an opportunity to practice How to Make a Persuasive Presentation with Devorah Allen and Claudia Solorio.
- Become familiar with the American banking system in Pay Checks, Banking, and More and take home a $50 gift card from Wells Fargo Foundation to encourage people to open a safe checking account at any FDIC insured bank.
- Try out the new imaging app to detect red leaf grapevine viral diseases developed by the University of California Cooperative Extension and Tule in the Technologies in Integrated Pest and Disease Management, a review of basic practices and latest techniques workshop.
- Wednesday at lunch: Get you free flu shot with St. Helena Hospital Foundation mobile unit.
- Thursday at lunch: Molly's Angels transportation service and Napa County Library
- Friday at lunch: Housing Information Fair with Catholic Charities, Napa County Housing Authority, Napa Valley Home Ownership, Napa Valley Community Housing
- Friday at lunch: Redwood Credit Union (RCU) auto services will have a used truck on site for education on RCU auto lot and loan products.