Complimentary for all Napa County Farmworkers thanks to our generous donors and sponsors.
The Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation's Cultivar will be held November 8-10, 2023
This comprehensive 3-day program is dedicated to leadership and communication skills, education on viticultural best practices, and safety in the workplace.
Spanish language seminars will be presented by industry experts from UC Davis, Pan American Insurance, AgSafe, Jess Gomez, Nicola Health and Safety, Napa County Ag Commissioner’s Office, and more. In addition, this year’s event offers special workshops on financial literacy to support our community with the tools they need to succeed.
This year, we would like to support attendees with information on local resources for housing. The organizations will have tables during the lunch hour on November 10, 2023 from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm. The organizations present will be the Napa County Housing Authority and Catholic Charities.
Cultivar (formerly, The Leadership & Management program) maintains a long-standing reputation for excellence and has been hosted by the Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation for over a decade; it is free to attend for all Napa County vineyard workers. The impactful, relevant curriculum directly supports Napa County vineyard workers in furthering their education.
- Hear from industry experts on Fruit Quality Challenges from Virus Infected Vines and a discussion of various solutions.
- Identify your Leadership Strengths with Angelina Ceja of AgSafe.
- Learn why Coaching is the Way with Jess Gomez.
- Practice How to Make a Persuasive Presentation with Devorah Allen Solorio.
- Pay Checks, Banking, and More. Wells Fargo has generously provided $50 debit cards for all participants to encourage them to open a safe checking account at any FDIC ensured bank.
- Housing Information Fair during lunch on Friday.